Welcome to “Indie Sunday”! Each week Urban Fantasy Land feature independent or small press published authors.
Cover Copy: A 140 page short story collection of imaginative, whimsical, dreamy, absurd, surreal fantasy, sci fi, and fairy tale adventures. These fables will make great story starters for young adults and reluctant readers. Some of the pieces are absurdist or surreal adventures that hearken back to imaginative absurdism, sci-fi, and fantasy of the 1950s.
With themes of longing, discovery, secrets, escape, eeriness, surprises, and strange happenings in everyday life, readers will delight in these brief but wondrous adventures –
– a man comes home to discover a Bigfoot-like creature watching his TV.
– a giant robot pays a visit to a couple.
– the new kid at school has some unusual toys to share.
– an inventor creates an attractive robot in order to meet women.
– a girl becomes so ill she has her head replaced with a goat head.
– someone wakes to discover little eyes growing all over his body.
– small, hairy creatures come looking to retrieve an object they had misplaced.
– a boy finds an unusual pair of sunglasses in a field.
These short stories will give a reluctant reader a sense of accomplishment after reading.
available at – Amazon US
About the Author: Tony Rauch has been interviewed by The Prague Post, Oxford University, and Rain Taxi. His books have been reviewed by MIT, Savanna Collage of Art and Design, and Rain Taxi, among many others. His stories have appeared in numerous literary journals. Rauch has four books of short stories out –
– “I’m right here,” from Spout Press (funky/jazzy/arty experimental short stories)
– “Laredo,” from Eraserhead Press (funky/jazzy/arty fairytale short stories)
– “Eyeballs growing all over me . . again” from Eraserhead Press (fairy tale surreal fantasy action adventure sci-fi short stories and story starters)
– “As I floated in the jar” from Eraserhead Press (fairy tale surreal fantasy action adventure sci-fi short stories and story starters) [to be published in the next few weeks]
For more info and story samples, refer to his website: