It’s high time I get cracking on the other side of the whole publishing industry aka the wonderful linked news of whatever you like. So let’s see what’s cooking these days in the urban fantasy land, my primary passion right now.
1) MentatJack is hasting a giveaway and his prize is the two Marla Mason books by T.A Pratt. Hurry up and sign, because you have until July 25th to enter. I know I entered and hope to get my greedy hands on them. So fire up and drown that blog with entries.
2) [This little bit I learned from my friend’s blog Fantasy Book Critic] Debute novelist Suzanne McLeod, whose book “The Sweet Taste of Blood” will be released at September 25th 2008, sure is lucky, since her debut will be translated in German. Germany has to thank Krystyna Kujawinska, Foreign Rights Director at Orion. Click here to learn more from Robert about the deal and the “The Sweet Taste of Blood”.
3) Kimberley at Darque Reviews is on a review frenzy with titles reviewed like “Nightwalker” by Jocelyn Drake, “Cry Wolf” by Patricia Briggs, “Gale Force” by Rachel Caine and the comic book version of “First Death” by Laurell K. Hamilton.
4) Gena Showalter speaks about her first publishing experiences at Dear Author, which involved a lot of shouting in various ways and for various occassions. Just check what this modern dive of the writing world has to say for her path HERE.
5) Rachel Vincent hosts her own interview right down at her blog with the newest Urban Fantasy writer aka Jocelynn Drake. Come right down and check it out!